Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Friday, May 2, 2014

The Icing on the Sh*t Cake of 2014

Things have been busy in the last couple weeks.

I finally got a job interview out of the months and months of sending out resumes and not receiving even a phone call or interview.  So I had a phone interview and then set up for a skype webcam interview.

I went to acupuncture to work on my stomach as the stress always effects my digestive system.  While there I told her about how my hip/leg was throbbing, due to my car accident several years ago when the barometer changes and especially when it rains my hip and leg throb and nothing helps and since its spring in New England it has been raining all week.

After I got done my hour appointment she had me lay on my side and worked on my leg and hip, so an hour appointment turned into two.  I felt so much better when I left. Stopped at the store to pick up some stuff, grabbed something for lunch as I hadn't eaten all day and it was now after one. Stopped at my parents to feed their cats (They are on vacation). Arrive home, run upstairs to change and as I'm coming down the stairs misjudged the bottom of the stairs and promptly fell and heard my ankle snap.

One ambulance ride, and some x-rays (that I cannot afford as I have no insurance) later it's just a very bad sprain.  Now I am on crutches.





When I got home I just sat on the couch and cried. 2014 has not been my year and I'm trying desperately to hang on.

I did get offered the job, the pay is much less than I would choose, but right now beggars can't be choosers. I will keep my eye out for something else, training starts in June, hopefully I don't fall down a well in the meantime.


4 comments :

Crabby McSlacker said...

Oh wow, what a year! So sorry about the sprain, but congrats on the job! From what I hear, it's so hard to get anything these days that landing something, even if it's just a transition, is quite an accomplishment!

Running Meg said...

Oh damn that sucks. At least you got a job offer. Good luck with that!

Rachel Hurst said...

Yikes that had to hurt if you had to call an ambulance. Sprains are no fun. Did you cry?

StarvingBitch said...

I actually didn't cry. Surprisingly enough the few times I've had things happen to me, I've fallen down an entire flight of stairs at work, been hit by a Mack Truck and pushed 1/4 mile down the highway, I never cry, the adrenaline kicks in and trying to figure out the best outcome always takes over my brain as opposed to crying. I cry at everything else, commercials, movies, sad stuff, sweet stuff, animals, I'm an emotional person, but when injury happens, my brain shuts that part down. It's kind of weird.

Post a Comment