Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Don't Forget about Mom!

Wow. Mother's Day snuck up on me, anyone else? I feel like the last few months, despite being home unemployed have FLOWN by.

So I was looking to get my Mother something but she has everything, does this happen to anyone else? The older your parents get the harder it is to buy them gifts, because when they want something they just buy it for themselves.

Step in the Donate Fruit website. Honestly it's a give back program. For every gift you purchase, whatever the total weight is, they match that weight in free fruits donated to a food bank. Kind of cool huh?

Source: DonateFruit.com


I got her this little nibbler selection, comes with Rosemary Artisan Crackers, Smoked Dried Salami, Pears and Chocolate Truffle Cherries. This whole selection was 30 bucks and it weighed 5 lbs so the organization will donate 5 lbs of fresh fruit to a local food bank.

Plus now my parents can go on some cute little picnic together and feed each other pears (I just threw up in my mouth a little).

Whatever you do...Make Mom feel special this weekend. She gave you the best gift of all. Life.


3 comments :

Norma said...

That is an awesome idea! I wish someone would get that for me (ahemkidsahem)....

Crabby McSlacker said...

Love that idea, thanks for finding that!

Weight Loss San Antonio said...

Wow! That's just cool! You didn't just purchase a gift, you were able to help too! I would definitely bookmark that website and purchase something soon! Our moms are really special, but at the end of the day, it's not really the gift but the thought that counts. Enjoyed reading your blog! And thanks for sharing that awesome website!

venus freeze san antonio tx

Post a Comment